Isaiah 60:1

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

Monday, January 18, 2010

Drip Drops

So as I write this, I am in a nice little spot in our house that doesn't leak. Our roof is getting quite old, and termites and rats, and chickens, all age it quite well. Before we left for vacation, we had 1 or 2 little leaks, kind of in the middle of the room so it was no problem. When we got back from vacation, we found more. I guess there had been some chickens or roosters trying to get up here and scratch around.

For a temporary fix, Napthali and Kevin put some plastic and some tarp up here. That is working pretty well. Pretty well as long as it isn't windy anyway! Last night and today we are having lots of gusts of wind and rain. Our roof would be the perfec roof for Arizona in the summer. When it rains we feel a nice little mist. You know, like those outdoor airconditioners? Half of the plastic stayed on fairly well, the other half is half way off our roof right now. We are thankful though because at least our bed is dry! For the most part anyway. There's a tiny little drip at the very foot of the bed. But it's only when the wind blows a certain way I think.

So, until the grass can be cut and dried out, we will have our temporary fix. Usually it's not too windy like this for very long. I wonder though if the rats will be more attracted to the nice new soft grass that is nice and plump. We'll have our poison out and ready. It will also be nice because right now, when it is windy, little crumbs from the roof fall all over the place. You know, all the little cockroach poops and bits of termite eaten grass and wood.

But for now we are enjoying the extra loud sound of the rain on our tarps. And will look forward to our new roof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your roof fixed soon. Sorry you have to experience this leaky roof. I am glad to hear your bed is dry. We have also had lots of rain. In Ca. and Az. they are having record rain fall with all that accompanies that weather!! Nice that you have a tarp to get you through for a while. Keep safe. I love you! MOM (Karen)

Carley Brown said...

Leaky roofs are no fun! But I'm glad to hear your surviving your jungle life experience. I bet when you come back you'll have a whole new outlook on bugs and spiders and such. Ick. I saw a spider the other day when I was brushing my teeth, totally not cool. I got a new job, not the one I wanted, but a job nonetheless. I start tomorrow. I just kinda broke a boys heart tonight, a guy I kinda/kinda didn't like. I hate doing that. I hate that. Its not fun at all. But whatever I guess its for the best. I need to write you a longer email soon. I got the email you sent me, I'll try to write a better update. When are you coming home?