Isaiah 60:1

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Heart Wants to Speak and Listen

I am just really feeling pensive and nostalgic right now. (Danelle). I just really miss some of my friends and I wish so bad that I could go get dinner with them and sit in a little private booth and just really talk. You know, that type of soul to soul talk. That type of talk where you talk about things that matter in this life, the big picture, but also the little things that matter to each other. To REALLY see how each other is doing. To share about life and to hear about life. To laugh a little or a lot. Maybe cry too. To encourage and to be encouraged. To sit there and sip and/or nibble for at least a good hour. Probably more. Then, that sense that when the conversation is finished and you can just sit there a little in silence, deeply satisfied and encouraged. Feeling blessed because it was such a God given soul touching moment. And to know that relationships matter. I'm feeling convicted that I need to put more effort into relationships. This is what life is about; to love and to reach out, to encourage and to be encouraged by encouraging. To praise God more fully because of the small taste of experiencing these kinds of relationships. Relationships matter.

2 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

I wish I was that blondish chick and you the brunette. So bad. It's sabbath and I'm gonna write you again today. much love, em

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!