Isaiah 60:1

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Father's Day

While writing the previous blog and thinking about all of the abuse children suffer, it made Danelle and I thankful for our dads, and the loving examples they have given us. It also made me think of Dyuni, pronounced (Junie).

Dyuni is a solid, well liked leader of the youth. A couple of months ago I volunteered to pray for him. The request was that he would be able to meet his dad. One night when Dyuni was over at our house he explained to us that he did not know who his father was. As he was talking we could tell that he was noticeably sad about this, and I wished that I knew more words that I could comfort him with.

Three weeks ago a lady from Brooke's Point came into contact with Dyuni's dad. Knowing the prayer request, she went about to set up a meeting between the two of them. Dyuni's dad agreed, and last week Dyuni left to meet his dad for the first time.

Unfortunately his dad did not meet up as planned. Not all stories have happy endings, but this story isn't over yet either. Dyuni is still hopeful he will meet his dad and I believe they are going to try and do so again. I am going to try and remember to keep praying for Dyuni. He is such a positive leader here, as you read this blog if you could pray for him too, it would be appreciated.

Father's day is coming soon, Danelle and I are very thankful for the role our fathers have played in our life. And we just wanted to wish you both an early happy father's day!

Update: I wrote this three days ago, Dyni told me in class this morning that his dad is coming today, and he thanked me for praying for him. This story has a happy ending after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story. I love it when God chooses to work in those ways:) Hope you all are doing well. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon hopefully. Joyce Wilkens