Isaiah 60:1

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hello Palawan!

Well, we have arrived safe and sound to Palawan. We are in the city Puerto Princessa for a night and did some shopping today and will be headed to Brooke's Point and then up the mountain tomorrow. We are very excited and the people are SO friendly here. We stopped at a Seventh Day Adventist church tonight (a few blocks from our hotel) and had a Wednesday night service with them, then ate at this wonderful (and I mean wonderful) vegetarian restaurant. So good. All is well with just one glitch. I (Danelle) lost a credit card, debit card and a few other little things like a calling card.... :( VERY much a bummer, but not the end of the world. My mom was able to cancel them and we have Kevin's still. Just another trial to teach me how to be calm in stressful situations. :) I felt like I did really good (and Kevin will say so too;) but it helped that the other missionary Michelle was with us, and I don't know her well enough to have blown a gasket. :) So, I got to learn a nice calm way that staying calm really is better! Freaking out does NOTHING except make it worse. So, we did what we could do and hopefully I'll remember to be calm next time something stressful comes up. Pray for me there!!!

We are loving being here though. The feel is foreign, but even more than I'm used to compared to other countries. Hopefully we'll have some pictures to post soon of our first arrival days.

Much love to you all and thank you for your continued prayer. We'll be keeping in touch!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping in touch! And happy to hear that you arrived safely. Looking forward to the pictures and hearing how you like your new community.
linda sept 16

Anonymous said...

Hi guys....sorry about your little mishap. But yes, those kinds of things can be fixed, right. Be with God. Live everyday and moment in the NOW. Love from Spokane, WA

Carley Brown said...

Hi Danelle and Kevin,

Glad you both made it safely!

wish I could've seen more of you before you took off. Maybe I'll make a trip to the PHillipines..lol.
I'll have to get some mail to you soon.

love you both lots,

Carley

Anonymous said...

Danelle & Kev, So happy to hear you made it safe to Kamatian. I was soooo sad we missed your phone call. We are praying for you lots and can't wait to hear all about everything! God bless, MOM (karen)

Anonymous said...

Hey Danelle and Kevin!! How have your first ten days gone? I hope you are safe and seeing God work through you. I miss you tons!! Brian and I are praying for you daily. I'll try to send you some mail soon. I LOVE YOU both so much and think of you often.
Love
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Hey Danelle and Kevin! I am glad you arrived safely and sound! I am thinking and praying for you! May you have fun yet have a good learning experience! :) God bless and I'll look forward reading more about your time there! Love,
Chels

Anonymous said...

Danelle and Kevin!!! I am praying for you everyday- Noah is praying that you don't get Malaria everyday as well! :) I can't wait to hear from you guys!! All our love! Sara and Noah

Anonymous said...

Hope you are well and safe.Sheil from Linda(Moms) office