Isaiah 60:1

Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

Sunday, November 8, 2009

A few Random thoughts

Few little random thoughts

Sometimes it really funny even to me when I totally mess up on a word. I love how they laugh and put their hands to their mouths because they are shy, but at the same time they LOVE to laugh. Other times however, like when I’ve been slammed at the clinic at the end of the day and I’m just trying to assess someone, I just wish that they wouldn’t correct every little thing. Some people are really good about it and other people just ignore the fact that I really can only understand the possible answers to my exact questions and don’t understand if they start rambling about their complaints without my questions for prompts.  Like this little CUTE old lady today. She just kept rambling on and on, even after I asked her to just answer my questions only, little by little. Oh she was so cute though. I will post pictures of her soon.
I like how I don’t to go to the market. There’s not really a market like we think of as farmers markets or even foreign county markets. But the people just come to the door to sell. It’s kind of nice in some ways.
There is this little boy name Uktu, he is SOOOO cute. I love his facial expressions. His little eyebrows are so funny and he has a little fat chin. He’s in one of the previous pictures we posted. I felt bad today though shoving Fansidar down his throat though… He threw up on me. Gross.
I missed an IV 3 times yesterday. I was really bummed. Granted he was an old man whose veins were SUPER fragile, it was a bummer. Joha got one in on her second try. I need to practice more. The good thing is they don’t care how long it takes you. They just want to be helped!
This culture thinks farting is hilarious. No one cares, it’s not really rude or improper here, it’s just funny to them. It’s a little weird to us still to have people farting out loud so much. But I guess the good thing is that if we ever do on accident, they just thinks it’s funny and think nothing else of it.
I really like some of the food here. I’m going to try to take more pictures of the food we get. It’s plain without the spices from home, but there’s some good stuff. The other day I made fresh coconut sauce and put it on some yummy bran bread.
I love how the people get embarrassed and the little noise they make when they are. It’s like high pitched, but not annoying, just funny.
I still hate rats.
I still hate spiders. Although, I haven’t seen as many in my house lately. The poison is paying off. 
I just learned how to shoot a sepukan (blow gun) and how to make the little darts for it. We keep one on hand at the clinic and when the rats come out, everything stops and we try to shoot them. A few times the adult rats dropped a little pink new baby on the ground and we would keep them for bait and when it squeaks the parents come and try to rescue it, and one time Josh shot one. They are so obnoxious. They get into meds and eat them and their pee stinks. So gross.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Danelle! you are too funny. I can just imagine you using a blow dart .... hahaha! You will have to bring one back with you to show us.

Joyce Wilkens said...

Hi Danelle and Kevin! We love your stories and the images they render:). We know you are a great blessings to the people there. Love you guys. Joyce and Keith